Wednesday 2 June 2010

The Mirror of Me

In a dream I looked into a pool and what I saw was me,
But in a gentler version of what we really see.

I was then shown, this pool really does reflect,
Every one I chance to meet, in all things that exist.

As I go about my day, do I see the piece of me,
that lives in everyone I meet, in every bird and tree?

It's hard some days to see myself in beggar and in thief,
In Gossip and in Poverty as I pass it on the street.

Compassion is the key, how would it be if it was me?
Would I hope to get a smile from everyone I see?

Or would I like them to scorn and scold me for my mistake,
and pass me as so many did, leaving judgment in their wake?

Since I am a piece of God, and walk the Beauty way,
I must help myself up off the street and give encouragement away.

To give a smile.. ... You can do It... I can understand,
I can help...what can I do...give a helping hand.

For in the ripples of the pool the reflection is You I see.
It's hard to tell but I now know that you're a part of me.

God has a Great Reflecting Pool, and as he looks Within,
In His Great Wisdom sees me inside of Him.

He treats me gently like a child, no matter what mistakes I make,
And all He asks in return is that I might do the same.

Marianne Goldweber

1 comment:

  1. thank you for using my work!
    Peace and love
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete